At the John Howard Society of Brandon we have many volunteer opportunities, depending on what and how you wish to help – there’s a spot for you.
We will provide you a fulfilling volunteer experience based on your needs and desires.
Our office is currently seeking volunteers to assist with evening and weekend programs. Training will be provided.
· Must be available evenings/weekends
· Pre-Volunteer Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Persons check
· Adult Abuse Registry check
· Child Abuse Registry check
· Age 19+
This is an opportunity to gain skills in Communication, Group Facilitation, Effective Listening & more.
For further information, or for an application, please contact Mayvis at 204-727-1696 ext 5, or email@example.com
· The John Howard Society of Brandon opened a Resource Centre for Men and their Families in January 2020 to provide services and support to fulfill a need in our community.
1. Assists Resource Centre staff with program delivery
a. Helps to prepare program materials, photocopies and posters
b. Prepare coffee
c. Answer the door
d. Assist staff in program facilitation as often as available (e.g. Crossroads Program)
2. Meets and Welcomes Resource Centre guests (Register first time; Sign-in thereafter)
a. Brief Needs Assessment when signing people in
b. Provide resource information based on individual needs
c. Assist with computer access; facilitate/monitor computer use
d. Assist guests in connecting to various programs
3. Maintain Resource Centre Space:
a. Assist with keeping library and community resource information stocked and up to date
b. Go over Oath of Confidentiality with Presenters and have it signed. No Presenter will be allowed to participate without a signed Oath of Confidentiality form on file.
c. Keep space organized, tidy, and clean
Be part of this exciting project. Currently operating 3 nights a week from 5-7pm to overwhelming crowds we need help!
Customer service opportunities.
psst, there are exciting developments in this area. ;)